Handy little buggers these, with more and more throughhole IC's being scrapped SMD is the way forward. Our boards have extended pads for the SMD chip and also match up perfectly with the standard IC chip sockets. Add some header pins to the adapter board and drop it in. Job done!
Suggested Steps (pics in the gallery):
- solder your chip onto the board
- add a little solder to one of the pads on the underside of the board
- add your header pins (solder each end first, then it will be held in place)
- repeat for the other side
- now you can drop this into the socket on your board